POSITIVE WORK HABITS AND GROWTH MINDSET
We promote high standards and excellence, and always encourage a growth mindset. Individuals who believe their talents can be developed (through hard work, good strategies, and input from others) will have an excellent chance of achieving their goals.
Attendance and punctuality are crucial to the success of all school students. Our students are expected to show commitment and initiative to attend, complete assignments and work during the school day. When students are late for classes or do no or little homework, they find it increasingly more difficult to catch up or maintain high school academic standards.
To develop healthy study habits:
- Establish a habit of doing daily home reading or homework. It is often helpful (and habit-forming) for students to work at a consistent time each evening.
- Ideally, the student should have a quiet, private work area.
- Music, TV, phone calls, etc. may be distracting.
- Parents should participate and show interest by asking questions, talking about the homework, and by making sure the homework is completed.
- Complete any homework as assigned in a timely fashio. Do not wait until the last day to complete projects.
- If needed, arrange with teachers or staff to stay after school and complete work.
- Take books and novels home that will improve your reading and study habits.